The health care providers at change.creates.change Nutrition Counselling are dedicated to protecting the privacy of our clients. The types of personal health information we collect may include your name, date of birth, health history, OHIP number and records of the care provided to you. We collect, use and disclose personal health information for the following purposes:
- to provide nutrition counselling to our clients
- to obtain payment for services provided
- to conduct quality improvement and risk management activities
- to comply with our regulatory obligations to the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- to advise clients about special events or opportunities (but we will always obtain express consent to do so)
- for other purposes permitted by law
We will collect, use and disclose only as much personal health information as is needed to achieve these purposes. You can withhold or withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal health information by contacting us (details below).
Access to Health Records
You have the right to seek access to your health records that we keep and to ask us to correct a record if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us for more information.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or want to make a complaint about our privacy practices, please contact:
Jillian Walsh, RD, CDE at firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to complain to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario at the address below if you have concerns about our privacy practices or how your personal health information has been handled:
Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario
2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400, Toronto, Ontario M4W 1A8
Telephone: 1 (800) 387-0073
Fax: (416) 325-9195